Bob Mayanovic, Missouri State University
24-25th September 2010
Robert Mayanovic and postdoc Hao Yan, Missouri State University, visited the Geophysical Laboratory on 21-22 July. Bob gave a presentation, entitled, "Metal ion adsorption on Fe3O4 nanoparticles in supercritical aqueous fluids", and discussed possible collaborations with EFree and other Lab scientists.
R. Mayanovic, Missouri State University, and W. Bassett, Cornell University share these resources:
- Quantum Design MPMS XL-5 SQUID magnetometer system
- Excel PLD-STD-19 pulsed-laser deposition (PLD) system
- FEI Quanta 200 field-emission SEM with EDS system
- XAS, XRF, x-ray imaging
- Diamond milling
- HDAC setup, design and applications
• The UT Austin outreach was conducted Thursday June 23, 2011 and Tuesday July 5, 2011 in collaboration with Mary Miller and her intern Sara Jeanes of the UTeach program at the University of Texas- Austin. The UTeach program focuses on preparing undergraduates at UT-Austin to teach secondary science courses such as chemistry, biology, geology, and computer science.